for home schooled high school students on track to go to college
offered through the Chico Creek Nature Center.
Grades: 8th to 12th grades (please confirm with your school/ES about earning credits)
Location: Chico Creek Nature Center, Kristie’s Lab
Hours: Mondays and/or Fridays 11am to 3pm
- The Chico Creek Nature Center offers A-G Science Wet Labs for high school students preparing to attend college.
- The labs are only supplemental to the textbook requirements which students will be expected to complete outside of this course. The Chico Creek Nature Center is NOT an accredited school and cannot issue school credits directly. You must have an accredited school (charter school) give you credit for taking these courses. Please contact your school to ensure that they will give your student credit for these labs.
- For more information on A-G requirements go to http://www.ucop.edu/agguide/ All A-G course material and manuals are purchased through Quality Science Labs and will be provided for student use as part of the program fee.
- This course is broken into 4 sections. You must take all 4 sections to complete all necessary lab work for credit. Sections 1 and 2 are in Fall and 3 and 4 are in Spring to comply with requirements of spreading the lab work across the school year. Sections may be completed in any order.
- In class hours provide enough time for students to take snack/lunch and recess/free time breaks. Students should arrive with packed lunches and snacks.
- If lab work is completed students may be offered projects and activities that are beyond the wet lab work and/or may be allowed to check out early with parent permission.
- All Materials, Supplies and Lab Manuals Included. No Supply fee.
- Labs dates do not overlap so a student may take all labs congruently.
A-G Science Wet Labs